At this crucial time, focusing on preventative health, avoiding unnecessary exposures and improving your immunity against disease are of the utmost importance.
To communicate directly with me or other providers in my team, while limiting the need for unnecessary office visits, we are offering Televisit through HIPAA’s secure website for most healthy patients:
- Televisit is through Doxy, which is accessible through your laptop, desktop, tablet or phone with camera. Please call to schedule Televisit.
- Televisit will be billed directly to your insurance provider.
- Insurance plans do not currently cover Televisit for new patients or any patient not seen by Medical Arts Associates in the last 3 years.
To avoid the spread of any disease, we have instituted a series of patient protections.
- We are requesting a phone call from the sick patients before their appointments for two key reasons:
- We will complete most of the required paperwork prior to their appointment
- To avoid contact with other patients and our employees
- With our large facility, we have created specially designated exam rooms for sick patients.
- Patients are escorted to the designated exam rooms as soon as they arrive in the office although we have designated waiting room area also.
- Patients are encouraged to cover their face before they enter the office, if you are sick, to avoid spread of disease.
We ARE able to test for COVID-19 and the COVID-19 antibody.
If test is required, insurance plans are covering the cost of the test.
We are here for you. We are open at our usual hours, 7am – 6pm weekdays and 8am – 3:30pm Saturday.
Lastly , I encourage all of you to stay safe, wash you hands frequently and avoid any unnecessary contact with other people.
Please ask us any questions, we are only a phone call away.
COVID-19 Immunity Test Available
In our on-going commitment to providing you the most current health care, Medical Arts Associates is now offering COVID-19 antibody testing, starting Monday 04/27/2020.
This test determines the presence of antibodies against COVID-19 virus and identifies individuals who have been exposed to the virus.
Your decision regarding return to normal activities should be in accordance with the guidance from Public Health Authorities.
Who can get the test?
- Individuals who had COVID-19 symptoms, but are no longer symptomatic.
- Individuals who were in contact with COVID-19 patients, but never developed symptoms.
How can I get the test?
- Schedule an appointment for an in-office visit or televisit with your Medial Arts provider.
- Your provider will order the appropriate test based on the history.
- Non-fasting blood will be drawn onsite at Medical Arts.
- We have a separately designated, special testing area and protocols to ensure your safety.
- Results will be available in 1-3 days.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call our office. We’re here for you.
What we are doing to help protect you from COVID-19
COVID-19 continues to create unprecedented concerns and challenges in every aspects of our lives and communities.
We continue to offer COVID-19 Testing:
At Medical Arts Associates, as of today, we have tested over 80 patients, with two testing positive for COVID-19 disease.
Patients that tested positive in early March 2020, recovered within a couple weeks.
Our staff and personnel in contact with these patients, never developed any symptoms of the disease, and tested to ensure they were negative for disease.
We now (also) offer COVID-19 Antibody Testing:
As of today, we have tested 66 patients, with zero testing positive for COVID-19 anti-bodies.
Your Health is Our First Priority:
In order to ensure your health, we have developed a system of safety protocols in accordance with OSHA and CDC to ensure our facility is comprehensively disinfected to avoid the spread of disease.
- Our facility is completely disinfected every night.
- Our staff and patients practice social distancing.
- We have designated separate areas in our waiting room, separating sick patients from healthy patients.
- Exam rooms are completely disinfected after each patient visit and not used for 2 hours.
- Door knobs are cleaned at least twice a day, and more frequently when we have more guests.
- Staff personnel wear medical face masks during all contact with sick patients.
- Staff personnel wash their hands and use alcohol-based sanitizer before and after every patient contact to avoid cross contamination.
- We request all our patients wear a mask, and require a mask when sick or experiencing symptoms.
- For your convenience and to limit exposure, we offer Tele-visit for the majority of patients. Tele-visits are covered by most insurance plans.
Keep Working on Staying Healthy:
- The longer we live with COVID-19, data shows we can become numb to remaining vigilant in our health practices and our adherence to Public Health Official Guidance including social distancing, masks, etc.
- It is important to continue to wash your hands with soap and hot water multiple times per day and before eating.
- Continue to void touching your face.
- Consider drinking about 2 Liters of water daily.
- Consider regular exercise, healthy diet and nutritional supplements as recommended by the provider.
- Disinfect your living and working spaces regularly.
We are here, so you can be safe.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience during your visit to our office or if you have any questions or concerns. Please call our office at 425-454-8191 or schedule online at https://www.medicalartsps.com